Dance

At every lesson the big moment arrives and our dancers get ready for a big event: the recital! A word which represents for them a special and unique occasion.

In this article I will write about dance: it’s a group sport that is practiced at every age. Dance is divided into various categories such as modern dancing, artistic dancing… but I want to speak about classic dancing and modern dancing, because I think it's elegant.

In every lesson the dancers prepare a choreography (union of dance moves), all the choreographies are united and they make a recital, parents are invited.

The dance lessons are organized in this way:

  1. warm-up

  2. Reviewing the exercises from the previous lesson

  3. Preparing the choreography 

Every lesson is guided by a teacher.

A SPECIAL LESSON

Friday the 16th of february 2024 I decided to go and see a modern dance training of some children from the primary school. The training was special because during the first half an hour childrens tried the choreography that they were practicing the previous time, and during the second half the doors of the training room opened to the parents and we could observe a piece of the choreography that the dancers will bring to the show. The choreography was themed after Wednesday Addams, every girl wears a costume and black wig with two long braids. A group of girls from kindergarten shows the parents the choreography of “Barbie”. Both choreographies were beautiful and interesting. I can’t wait to see the choreographies finished in the show.

Questions for a dancer

  1. How often and how long do you train a week?

  2. Do you participate in competitions sometimes?

  3. Do you like practicing dance?

  4. Is your future dream linked to this sport?

1)  I train from monday to saturday: in this period I practice dance only twice a week and the other days I teach fitness and pilates in some gyms. 

2) Yes, with my team I participate in some dance contests, where we get scholarships that are precious occasions to learn from other trainers in different places. 

3) Dancing is my big passion. When I dance I don’t need anything else to be happy. 

4) My future dream is to continue to live the dance in every shape for as long as possible. I love children and I love teaching, so my biggest dream is to join these passions and to make dance my job, teaching to the kids.

Question for teacher Ginevra

  1. How long have you practiced dance? At what age did you start? 

I started dancing at 4, I have practiced it for 26 years.

  1. When you were a baby did you like to dance?

I practiced different sports, like volleyball and artistic gymnastics, but I understood that dance was and is still my favorite because it is expressive and includes much coordination.

  1. In your school dance, how many and what courses do you do? 

There are five categories of courses: pilates, total body, beginning course of dance, modern dance and classical dance. In total there are 15 courses at the school dance of Urgnano. Moreover I give lessons online on meet or zoom. 

  1. Do you only teach here or in other places?

I also teach in three different schools in Milan.

  1. Do you like your job?

I love it and never doubted it

Ballet classic vocabulary

First position: The heels stay together, and the feet turn outward in a straight line-.

Second position: The feet turn outward in a straight line, separated by about a distance of one foot.

Third position: The feet are turned outward with the heels placed together, one in front of the other.

Fourth position: The feet turn outward with one foot in front of the other, parallel and separated by about a foot. The big toe of each foot should align with the heel of the other.

Fifth position: The feet turn outward, one foot directly in front of the other with the first joint of each big toe extending past each heel. 

Tournant: “Turn.” A term paired with a movement to indicate a body turn. 

Relevé: “Raised.” A movement in which the dancer starts in a demi-plié and then rises up to pointe or demi-pointe on one foot or both feet.

Chassé: A step pattern in which the feet glide together step-by-step









Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

FOOTBALL

Basketball